Saturday, December 29, 2007

All Year

Things then paced along as normal for a few months, both John and I thoroughly enjoying our “pre-retirement” jobs. I am up to my ears in mapping the environmental impacts of proposed developments, and John in his business of agricultural consultancy which has led to many interesting jobs ranging from cold stress response of cotton to spray drift and pesticide efficacy analysis.

Our “day” jobs don’t leave us with much spare time, however John is an admirable brewmeister, providing us with a very enjoyable drop of lagers, pilseners and fruit wheat beers. As well, he has just discovered fruit drying, and the smell of a newly dried fruit salad leaves our mouths watering. I spend my spare time on the ‘net – updating web sites for a couple of friends and generally trying to stay up with changes in technology. Reading is my other vice, and I keep the Brisbane City Council Library service busy finding new releases for me.

No comments: